2nd Research Project:
Center for Separation Methods & Bioanalytics BioSep
Project leader: prof. dr hab. Boguslaw Buszewski
The main interest of the Center for Separation
Methods & Bioanalytics BioSep will focus on interdisciplinary research
in the following fields:
- chemical and biological monitoring,
- medical diagnosis (early detection of cancer diagnosis and searching
the cancer biomarkers).
This activity will be based on:
- the development of new analytical and diagnostic methods,
- research and implementation,
- reference analysis,
- conducting routine tests including contamination assessment and its
impact on the environment.
All these activities will be accompanied by the development of new
materials and auxiliary equipment (methods of sample preparation)
essential to analytical chemistry e.g. a device called “artificial nose”
for determination of air volatile compounds, fragrances and odors.
The second BioSep Centre goal is the impact on professional staff from
various industries, thus allowing them to:
- improve professional qualifications,
- broaden practical and theoretical knowledge and skills, which are
necessary and useful in implementing new solutions into scientific and
technical research. Teaching the specialist staff modern analytical
techniques used both in specialized checkup laboratories and company
quality control laboratories will undoubtedly help to obtain good
results and implement innovation and new technologies as well.