About the Project
Beneficiary: Nicolaus Copernicus University in Torun
The project entitled
"Construction of the Centre for Modern Interdisciplinary Technologies Nicolaus Copernicus University in Torun"
Project number: RPKP.05.04.00-04-001/10
Contract Number: WPW.II.3043-2-311-516/2010
The project is co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund under the Priority 5: Strengthening the Competitiveness of Enterprises Measure 5.4. Strengthening Regional Capability Technology Research and Development Regional Operational Programme of Kujawsko-Pomorskie Voivodeship for the years 2007 - 2013
The subject of the project is the construction and equipment of the Centre for Modern Interdisciplinary Technologies Nicolaus Copernicus University in Torun - the creation of a research infrastructure for research and application and to attract, stabilize and develop highly qualified research staff which determines the economic development of the Kujawsko-Pomorskie Voivodeship. The results of the study and research projects within the ICNT will be made available free of charge to entrepreneurs, while the cost of the research will be financed from general university and possible external grants obtained by individual teams.
The project provides for the construction of a ICNT, purchase research equipment and specialized scientific equipment for laboratories in the four originally selected research projects, i.e.
- Functional genomics in biological and biomedical research,
- Center for separation and bioanalytical methods "BioSep",
- Team Interdisciplinary Physics and Computer Science,
- Innovative techniques for surveying the human brain in health and disease,
and the preparation of promotional activities and information Web platform for information exchange between business and science sector.
According to EU definitions the overall objective of the project is to increase the competitiveness of businesses in the kujawsko-pomorskie region in relation to the business of the country and the EU.
Meeting the objective of an overall project, through the implementation of the direct and specific objectives, is consistent with the objective of Measure 5.4 Strengthening the capacity of regional research and technological development - Use of regional potential for research and technological development.
Transfer of modern technology to the business sector, among others, contribute to the growth potential of enterprises, implementation of innovative solutions that enhance business performance, increase the quality of our products, which in turn will increase the competitiveness and economic development of enterprises.
Following the EU rules the main aim of the project was to increase cooperation between science, research and development of enterprises in knowledge transfer through the creation of the Interdisciplinary Centre for Modern Technologies up to the end of 2013.
Specific objectives of the project
The overall objective of the project will be achieved through the implementation of specific objectives, i.e.
- improving cooperation between the learning environment and business environment
- increase awareness among entrepreneurs on. use the opportunity to interact with the sphere of science,
- appropriate dissemination of information on. cooperation
- improving knowledge of the business realities of academics,
- the functioning of a strong R & D center brings together science and business sector,
- creating the right instruments for the exchange of information,
- improve the quality of research - the purchase of specialized equipment research and development.